ON WANTS & BELIEFS
Preamble to the IWW Constitution
The working class and the employing class have nothing in common. There can be no peace so long as hunger and want are found among millions of the working people and the few, who make up the employing class, have all the good things of life.
Between these two classes a struggle must go on until the workers of the world organize as a class, take possession of the means of production, abolish the wage system, and live in harmony with the Earth.
We find that the centering of the management of industries into fewer and fewer hands makes the trade unions unable to cope with the ever growing power of the employing class. The trade unions foster a state of affairs which allows one set of workers to be pitted against another set of workers in the same industry, thereby helping defeat one another in wage wars. Moreover, the trade unions aid the employing class to mislead the workers into the belief that the working class have interests in common with their employers.
These conditions can be changed and the interest of the working class upheld only by an organization formed in such a way that all its members in any one industry, or in all industries if necessary, cease work whenever a strike or lockout is on in any department thereof, thus making an injury to one an injury to all.
Instead of the conservative motto, “A fair day’s wage for a fair day’s work,” we must inscribe on our banner the revolutionary watchword, “Abolition of the wage system.”
It is the historic mission of the working class to do away with capitalism. The army of production must be organized, not only for everyday struggle with capitalists, but also to carry on production when capitalism shall have been overthrown. By organizing industrially we are forming the structure of the new society within the shell of the old.
WHAT WE WANT/ WHAT WE BELIEVE
What We Want
- We want Real Freedom. We want power to determine the destiny of our Communities through actual Democratic Autonomy.
- We want our Full Human Rights Guaranteed and legally protected for our people in the constitutions of every single nation.
- We want an End to the Robbery by the Oligarchy in every nation of the working class, of marginalized minority groups and our long oppressed communities of color. We want control on the community and municipal levels of both the means of economic production and social development.
- We want decent infrastructure, housing, schools and hospitals fit for human beings. We want fully protected Economic Social and Cultural Rights, as codified and defined by the United Nations Treaties.
- We want Fully Subsidized and equal Educational systems for our people that exposes the true nature of this decadent World System. We want education that teaches us our true history and our role in the present day society. One unified Educational system kindergarten through college, not segregated by class favoring the wealthy with better services.
- We want Fully Subsidized and equal Universal Health Care provided in all communities, one system on equal basis. One single payer health system, not segregated by class favoring the wealthy with better services.
- We want True Equality before the Law, the right to participate in the judiciary, the local and national governance mechanisms along with a full dismantlement of the racist criminal justice system that regularly exonerates the upper class, and over incarcerates people of color. We want fully protected Civil Political Rights, as defined by the United Nations Treaties.
- We want an immediate end to the Mass Incarceration and State Sanctioned Police Murder of our people. All existing penal systems are brutal, cruel and unusual; they must be disbanded and replaced with a more just alternative.
- We want Freedom for all non-violent offenders held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails. We want the de-funding of state intelligence organizations, secret prisons and facilities for torture. We want community control and oversight of police forces.
- We want to Defund and Withdraw the Imperialist Military forces of all nations from every nation on earth, massively reduce funding for the military industrial complex and a global facilitate mass disarmament.
- We want massive policy level action directed to protect our planetary environment before it collapses. Massive reduction in Carbon Emissions, reduction in Bovine consummation, fossil fuels use and the widespread harmful industrial practices which devastate the environment. We need a massive investment in Green Energy, alternative sources for meeting our energy needs and globally coordinated sustainable effort toward a Global New Green Deal.
- We want to dismantle the existing backwards, predatory Westphalian State System. Exploitative, corrupt and inefficient predation on all peoples to be replaced by smaller, community-centrist, largely self-reliant Federations and Confederations within the Democratic Confederalist framework.
What We Believe
- We believe that no People can ever be “free” until we are able to determine our own destiny, Control our own Developmental Structures and participate in our own democratic governance.
- We believe that all governments are responsible and obligated to give every human not just employment or a guaranteed income, but fully Secure all Human Rights on a constitutional basis. We believe that if Euro-American Oligarchs and business men will not grant full employment at living wages, alongside actual social mobility, then the means of production should be taken from the Oligarchy and businessmen and placed back in the community so that the people of the community can organize and employ all of its people and give a high standard of living. Livelihoods with dignity leading to life of security and possible happiness.
- We believe that all governments have robbed us and now we are demanding the overdue debt in the form of Adequate, Acceptable, Accessible and high Quality social services funded by the tax base. Europe and America owe an enormous debt to the world that Europeans looted for over 500 years; reparations for slave labor and mass murder of colonized peoples must be paid in full. We will accept the payment in a transfer of currency, expertise and services over time back from the Global North to the long victimized Global South. Specifically predatory nations such as the Netherlands, France, England and America will be expected to repay the massive human rights violations previous governments inflicted. We demand reparations be paid from Europe and America to all exploited colonies throughout the developing world.
- We believe that landlords will not give decent housing to our Working class and Minority communities, then the housing and the land should be organized into cooperatives so that our community, with government aid, can build and make a decent housing for our people.
- We believe in an educational system that will give our people a knowledge of collective and self. If a man does not have knowledge of himself and his position in society and the world, then he has little chance to relate to anything else.
- We believe that without a Single Payer National Health Service the working class and people of color will never have adequate equal access to good Health care.
- We believe that people should not be compelled to fight in the military service to defend governments that do not protect us, or grant us human rights. We will not fight and kill other people in the world who, like all Working people, and people of color are being victimized by the Core Powers; namely those in Europe, America, Russia and China. We will protect ourselves from the force and violence of aggressive violent police, military, and intelligence services by whatever means necessary.
- We believe we can end both police brutality and criminal banditry in our community by organizing self-defense groups that are dedicated to defending our community from racist police oppression and state supported brutality. As well as vile gangs and mafias. We therefore believe that all people experiencing state sponsored violence should arm themselves for self-defense and form People’s Defense Forces/ People’s Protection Units and Womens’ Protection Units to defend their community from violence.
- We believe that all non-violent offenders should be released from the many jails and prisons because they have not received a fair and impartial trial. Such facilities are also cruel and unusual and a violation of human rights.
- We believe that the courts of all nations should adopt normative human rights entitlements into the national charters. These rights need to be enforced and ensure full equality for every citizen in obtaining them. People must receive fair trials, tried by their peers. A peer is a person from a similar economic, social, religious, geographical, environmental, historical, and racial background. To do this the court must select a jury from the actual community from which the defendant came. We have been, and are being tried by biased juries that have no understanding of “the average reasoning man” of the working class and communities of color. The rich get better lawyers and “better justice” in all nations.
- The existing State System, the Globalization Epoch and the Capitalist dominated World System have fully exhausted the bounds of their legitimacy. War is rampant, poverty is pervasive and widespread and the earth is literally dying. As wrote the founding fathers of the American Empire;
“When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and nature’s god entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to separation. We hold these truths to be self-evident, and that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its power in such a form as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accused. But when a long train of abuses and usurpation, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, and their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards of their future security.”
We seek to replace a convoluted, paternalistic notion of “good governance” with a more revolutionary, conscious passage;
“The working class and the employing class have nothing in common. There can be no peace so long as hunger and want are found among millions of the working people and the few, who make up the employing class, have all the good things of life. Between these two classes a struggle must go on until the workers of the world organize as a class, take possession of the means of production, abolish the wage system, and live in harmony with the Earth.”
- Human activity must be regulated by social and economic policy to ensure sustainable environmental practices on the earth. We have one planet and it is in decay from over use, exploitation and neglect. The most harmful practices are associated with personal vehicles, the burning of fossil fuels, bovine livestock herding and slaughter, globalized shipping on container ships and airlines as well as industrialization and the lack of regulation of big firms on their practices.
GET IN TOUCH
We are always available for side collaborations and talks worldwide. If you want to chat, don’t hesitate in reaching out.
BPP 10 Point Program
PKK KCK Congress 2004